I am back on the peanut butter train and have been putting it on my smoothie bowls and adding it in all of my desserts! It’s SO yummy and so versatile. Want some chicken? Add peanut butter? Want chocolate? Dip it in peanut butter. I restricted myself from peanut butter for so long and now I’m just having a moment with it again. Haha!
Over the weekend I got creative in the kitchen and made these beautiful Peanut Butter Jelly cups. They are extremely easy to make and are filled with such nourishing ingredients! Did I mention they are also sugar free? The only sweetener comes from frozen strawberries! While they do contain natural sugar, they also contain fiber which helps your body break down the sugar ALOT easier. They are filled to the brim with healthy fats, like every layer of these cups contain healthy fats and they also contain magnesium from the beautiful cacao powder we use. I use navitas organics cacao powder.
Cacao is filled with polyphenols (antioxidants) and is a great source of magnesium. Navitas cacao powder is made from unroasted, non-alkalized fair trade certified organic cacao beans.
An 8oz bag of Navitas organic cacao powder is $9.99. I’ll link their website for you here to shop navitas organics products.
Let’s get into the recipe!
Chocolate base + topping
• 1/2 cup of cacao butter
• 1/2 cup of coconut oil
• 3 tablespoons of cacao powder
• Himalayan pink salt
• 6 tablespoons of naturally crunchy peanut butter (check for no added ingredients)
Strawberry chia jam
• 1.5 heaped cups of frozen strawberries
• 1.5 tablespoons of chia seeds
1. Line a cup cake tray with 6 cup cake liners.
2. In a saucepan on a high heat stir in 1/4 cup of cacao butter, 1/4 cup of coconut oil, 1.5 tablespoons of cacao powder, a dash of cinnamon and salt.
3. Once ingredients are melted, pour an even amount of the mixture into each cupcake liner. Place in freezer and allow chocolate to set.
4. Once the chocolate has set, place a tablespoon of peanut butter on top of the chocolate. Place in freezer to set.
5. While the chocolate + PB is setting. Pour your frozen strawberries into a bowl and defrost them in the microwave for 2 minutes. Once they have defrosted, mash them with a fork and pour in the chia seeds. Stir and place in the fridge to set. (You May need to stir a few times while waiting). Leave for 30-40 minutes. The chia seeds will expand and you will have a nice thick strawberry chia jam.
6. Once the jam is ready, pour evenly over the PB layer. Place in the freezer to set.
7. Repeat steps 2 + 3 of the method and pour over the chia jam.
8. Place in freezer to set for an hour.
I told you this was an easy + wholesome dessert. This recipe makes 6 large PB & Jelly cups. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
If you do try this recipe, be sure to tag me on instagram. I love to see your cooking creations. Be sure to let me know what you thought of this recipe in the comments section below. I LOVE hearing your feedback. Make sure you subscribe for more recipes, wellness tips, sustainable hacks, and so much more. Together, Let's flourish, lovely.